My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Monday 23 June 2008

Typical glastonbury weather...















Now, when I say ‘typical Glastonbury weather’, you probably think I’m talking about wet, miserably windy weather that leaves you cold to the bone, and wandering back to your tent thinking ‘why do I do this to myself?’ And normally, that’s what I’d probably mean. Only this year, I’m not going, so, in typical fashion, the weather for the coming week looks to be mostly sunny, cloud free, and quite perfect for 5 days stuck in a Pilton field. Oh well, there’s always next year.


I woke up yesterday morning and thought let’s make up for my absence this year. So, I took some drugs and off I went to my local summer festival, Gladstonbury. It’s a music and arts festival that takes place in Gladstone Park one Sunday every summer. You can see what they’ve done there, can’t you.


I got there about 2pm (you know, having spent the morning 'asleep in my tent'), it’s a beautiful sunny day, there must have been a couple of thousand people milling around the park, lots of little stalls with random bits and bobs, the odd Community Police Officer, lots of kids kicking a ball about, lots of mums and dads pushing prams around, and lots and lots of grass (there’s a double-entendre there). I found a nice patch of grass (to sit on) and spent about 2 hours taking in the sunshine and listening to the various styles of music (ranging from Irish Rock to Lounge Jazz and Senegalese Drumming), the highlight of which had to be, yes, you guessed it…The Rolling Gladstones, throwing in an array of covers and original songs. Hmmm, when I say highlight, I don’t think that's what I really mean. All in all, as I strolled back home to a cooked dinner and clean shower, I don't feel so bad that i'm not going to Glastonbury. Infact, the only thing that would have brought the experience closer to the real thing would have been to have Jay Z on the bill. Oh, and for the record, the drugs I took, they were Cetirizine Hydrochloride. For hayfever. They worked a treat…

No comments: