My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Thursday 21 October 2010

Day 1 & 2

And in the blink of an eye, London becomes New York. On the morning of Wednesday October 20th, I awoke in London and travelled to Camden to tie up a few loose ends. By the evening, and into the early hours of Thursday, I'm enjoying a couple of Blue Moon beers in a Brooklyn apartment. My flight was reasonably harmless, a slight delay as some non-appearing passengers' bags were removed from the plane. Dinner was consumed, some red wine was quaffed, and Toy Story 3 was enjoyed on the miniature screen ahead of me. And then London became New York. My Journey from JFK into Brooklyn involved the Airtrain to Jamaica Station ($5), and then a weekly Metrocard ($27) to cover the rest of my stay NY. The J train took me to Broadway Junction, followed by the L train to Grand Street, and my destination of Ainslee Street. Jen had kindly prepared me 2 bottles of Blue Moon and some carrot and humous dip, as we idly chatted into the early hours.

It's now 9:40am on Thursday, and feeling reasonably fresh, today I am going to look into getting a cheap netbook and mobile phone, and meet a friend whose flat I am staying in for the next four nights. But first, more important things. The words breakfast, blueberry and pancakes spring to mind...


No comments: