My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Wednesday 6 October 2010

The horizon gets closer...



In little under two weeks I board flight BA179 to New York, leaving behind me 7 years in London since I returned from University in Manchester. When I returned from Manchester I had no idea what the future would hold for me. Somehow, I found myself involved in a band and, as history has a habit of doing, time just flew by. I am immensely proud to have been a part of our debut album, and equally sad to no longer be a part of Hatcham Social. No matter what, I will always see myself as a member of the band, just a silent member, no longer actively involved inits music. On leaving the band I knew I had to get out of London, and started my plans to travel America. That plan grew. And grew. And grew. I worked. And worked. And worked. And for months and weeks the horizon of my departure seemed a long way away. Now that horizon is fast approaching, and in little under two weeks, I begin a journey that will take in the USA, New Zealand, Fiji, Australia and Japan. My flight home lands at 14:25 on Friday March 25th 2011, but I certainly have no plans to be on that flight. Where will I be? I'll tell you on March 24th 2011. From now on, this blog will be my portal out into the world. My eyes represented through words. My thoughts represented in quotes. My feelings represented in prose. I hope my friends and family will follow my journey with me...


No comments: