My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Wednesday 27 October 2010

so many places, such little time...

Last night it rained. And it rained. And it rained. It was the sort of rain that keeps you awake. I fell asleep and got a few hours sleep, but once I'd heard the rain once, that was it. It was just incessant rain. So, I think I've got the point across that it rained. Today, it was warm. The warmth + the rain = HUMID. I decided to go into Brooklyn to see the Brooklyn Museum and the Botanic Gardens. Once there, and it was a half hour walk from the Washington Ave stop on the G train, I decided I wasn't really in the mood for art, so decided a stroll round the gardens would be in order. It turned into quite a relaxing walk, and although it threatened to rain, with a few spots now and then, it never got heavy. Although with the humidity, walking through the Tropical section didn't feel too different to the outside world. Having had a late breakfast, I didn't really notice the time, and suddenly it was about 4pm and I hadn't had lunch, so I headed back towards Washington Ave and got a slice of pizza on the way. I'm up early tomorrow morning, around 6am, to catch a flight to Chicago so I can catch up with Patsy and her parents. (I worked with her in Victoria where the SEE shop was located in the same building as the Big Bus Company, she happens to be home visiting her parents for a few days and invited me up, how could I refuse!!) After that, who knows. I've been looking at some couchsurfing options, and where to go on the I80/90 out from Chicago, possibly South Bend (I like the name), Toledo, Cleveland, Buffalo, then onto Boston, New Jersey, back through New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Athens, Memphis, New Orleans......there are so many places...and such little time...

No comments: