My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Back in the woods...

And so the day has taken me to pastures new. A 6 hour couch journey took me to 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. A quick sub in the station for lunch (called 'The Best of Philly', I just had to) and then I hopped on the small local train that would take me to Doylestown, further north from Philly. I pretty much dozed for the 90 minute journey, and then I was there, in the small leafy town of Doylestown.


Alyssa was there to meet me, and we went for a walk and a chai tea before she was due at work at 5pm. We also rocked out on a porch that had some rocking chairs just asking to be, er, rocked on. I almost wish I was chewing tobacco so I could spit it out, and hear it go "ker ching, ching, ching, plop" into a bucket.

And I can't even begin to describe how amazing some of the colours of the leaves are. So here's a another picture of nature. Which doesn't do it justice. In person, the colours are SO bright, and SO vivid, that I just had to uppercase the word SO.


Which brings me here, now, to Becker's Corner, where Alyssa works. She's only doing a quick 2 hours shift to cover the busy period, so I'm here, using their Wifi, writing this blog, and trying some new beers (I just had Dead Guy Ale, and I'm about to try a Magic Hat Howl). I'll munch some fodder in a bit, then we'll head to Alyssa's mum's place, where we're staying tonight. It's out in the woods. In the middle of 12 acres of land. And tomorrow we're gonna go hiking. Maybe some kayaking. Visit some lakes. Some amazing views. It's good to be back in the woods...

No comments: