My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Sunday 12 December 2010

A taste of NOLA...

There really is very little I can say right now to adequately explain New Orleans, Louisiana. It really is a place like no other I have ever been to. I had heard so much about it, mainly through my dad back home and Phoebe in New York, but in reality you can only understand it by coming here. Tonight will be my final night here, but I have no idea where time has gone this week. I will have spent a total of 6 nights here, seen some unbelievable music, ate some amazing food, ventured out to the swamps, heard amazing stories, tried to comprehend how they coped with Katrina, eaten a beignet (it's like heaven covered in sugar), eaten the most AMAZING pecan pie I've ever eaten (it's like an alternative heaven), hung out with two of the friendliest hosts in the world (Ashley & Ashley, or Ashley One and Ashley Two as Drew and I describe them), met other couchsurfers passing through NOLA, met a local photographer by chance at a gallery showing his photograph and generally been consumed by the wonder that is NOLA. When I have more time I will describe more tales, but my journey takes on a new stage tomorrow as I fly out to LA. My trip with Drew has been pretty epic, and he continues tomorrow to drive back to Pennsylvania for Christmas with his family, whilst I travel west...

No comments: