My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Friday 18 March 2011

a fight to the end...

So I find my self in a strange psychological black hole right now. On my two shoulders are two competing thoughts, theories and mindsets. In the blue corner, I have a tired and jaded mind, one that is ready to come home and enjoy the wonder that is my home town, London, and see my family and friends for the first time in 6 months, and sleep in a familiar bed. However, in the red corner, is the travelling mind, the one that has absolutely loved every minute of the past 5 months, one that has continually met new people, new places, stood in awe at the many sights of the amazing countries I've been through. The red corner is throwing punches that say "I never want this to end". An upper cut that describes the many people and places I am yet to see, that I will probably never see, that I could go and see. The blue corner retaliates with an image of a quaint little pub in London's Soho, a fresh pint on a summers evening with some of my closest friends, of seeing my parents and brother and other family based in London, or walking along the south bank and watching the Thames go by. The red corner ducks and dives, remembering the sights of America, New Zealand, Fiji and currently Australia. The blue corner defends, showing visions of cycling through Kilburn on the way to the West End, or a train journey to Manchester to see old friends. Yet this is no boxing fight, because the blue corner and red corner are friends. In under a month the blue corner will walk away apparently victorious, as I return to London to fall back in love with the town I was born in. And yet, it will simply give the red corner a chance to think, to rest itself, and find a new plan. A new angle to attack. A new punch to throw. A new adventure to find. And the blue corner won't fight back. He'll just gladly step to one side and let the red through...

No comments: