My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Wednesday 10 November 2010

My final thoughts for the day...

I have so far witnessed the chaos and excitement of New York, the glory and relative calm of Chicago, the culture and warmth of Minneapolis, and now the spectacular views of the Upper Peninsula (not Upper Territories as I may have called it previously!). Today I have walked through a spectacular forest of differing colours and textures, canoed across the Little Lake with the sun in my eye, driven to a random lake and sat on the tree stump out in the water, watched the sun set dramatically behind the horizon and eaten sausages cooked on an open fire. Tomorrow we continue our journey east, along the southern edge of Lake Superior, before turning south to drive though St Ignace and crossing the Mackinac Bridge (3rd longest suspension bridge in the world). We will find a place to stay, hopefully some random roadside Motel (to keep with the roadtrip theme), before continuing our journey on Thursday where we have arranged to couch surf with someone in Toledo on the south west corner of Lake Erie. On Friday, Mandy will continue back to Chicago by bus, whilst Drew and Alyssa continue back to Pittsburgh. I am yet to decide on my onwards journey. It may be with them, it may not. One thing I do know; hey have been the most wonderful company the past few days...









No comments: