My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Wednesday 10 November 2010

You say water, I say water...

The following conversation took place between myself and the guy working in Tony's Diner in Minneapolis on Monday.

(I had an empty cup in my hand for some water)

"Where can I get the water"

"I'm sorry?"

"Where can I get some water" (holding up the cup)

"You want what?"

"Some water..."

"Some...?"

"W a t e r" (I make a drinking motion with my hand and the cup)

"You want something to drink? Like coke?"

"No, I just want some water"

"Some wortter?"

"Yeah, water, to drink, just from the tap"

"Oh, you mean warder"

"Yes, yes, I want some warder, thank you"

He points to where the free water tap is.

I say water (Wart. Er)

He says water (Whad. Er)

I got my water. It tasted good.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Now that you know how to ask for it, you should also know that it comes out of a faucet not a tap!