My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Friday 20 May 2011

this is England...

One thing I know I did do was a trip up north to visit some friends, and take in a 20+ mile bike ride. The chosen date was April 29th. Not that I have anything against the Royals, or Will & Kate, I just didn't fancy being a part of the hoohah surrounding their wedding, so when Stef & Ryan suggested we go biking in Derbyshire, I thought it was a great idea. I got a train up to Manchester and we drove out to Derbyshire where Ryan had kindly brought along his dad's bike for me to ride. About midday we stopped for a break in a small quarry, and Ryan quite ingeniously took out a small cooler bag with 3 beers in it. We reckoned it was about the time Will & Kate were probably exchanging vows, so we raised a toast to the happy couple. The 23 mile bike ride took in some wonderful scenery following a disused railway track, and we stopped in a small village for lunch, and a pint. After so much outdoor venturing in far off countries, it was great be doing the same back home. If you're able to, take a close look at the final photo, in particular the top of the hill. This Is England...














No comments: