My photo
My name is Dave. I have things to say. I know not where I am going, only where I have been. When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know. If we meet along the way, let's do something.
my failed attempt at a daily photoblog:
366 days of 2012


my new attempt at photoblogging:
instagram feed

Thursday 19 May 2011

time takes no prisoners...

What has happened to the past 35 days?

The previous 177 days I can account for, I was travelling from place to place on the most extraordinary 6 months of my life, but I returned home on Friday April 15th, and now it's Friday May 20th. I'll tell you what's happened to it. London happened. I'd forgotten how all consuming London can be. It takes time and crushes it into a small medium by which we live, and before you know it 35 days have passed and you don't quite know how. It's been great being back, catching up with friends, re-visiting my favourite parts of London, seeing family again, and where possible, getting involved in the couchsurfing scene here. Living back at home, I haven't hosted anyone, but I've been a to a few events and met numerous foreigners, either travelling through or living in London. It's been a great way to put something back into the community that served me so well for 6 months. But I haven't really had time to reflect on those 6 months, until the past couple of days. I finally put up the maps of my journey up on my wall, stood back, and just looked at them. I've also been sifting through the thousands of photos I took, and strangely feel quite disconnected to the images I see. Was that really me? There? Doing that? It's a strange sensation. However, returning to London does not feel like the end of a journey I started in October 2010. No, it just feels like an interim part of my journey. I've started to dream of being somewhere else again now, and am now looking at various options to get away this year, and even into 2012. I have no specific plans, just ideas. But it was only an 'idea' in March 2010 that I'd like to travel across America. 7 months later that I began that journey.

USA Road Trip Map


New Zealand North Island Road Trip Map


New Zealand South Island Road Trip Map

No comments: